Proven Match

BLOG

June News Round-Up

Has it been another month already? The calendar says yes and we are now officially 1/3 of the way through the summer months. As you might expect, we have some franchisor brand news that is heating up. Per our goal to keep our blog readers as informed as possible, here are some news and noteworthy items that happened this month:

A Brand You Should Watch

According to the editorial team at 1851franchise Magazine, one franchisor stood out at the recent International Franchise Expo, which wrapped up June 15-17 at the Javits Convention Center in New York City. The brand singled out for recognition as the Best of the Best Brand was none other than MOOYAH Burger’s, Fries and Shakes. You can find more information and videos on the 1851franchise website.

Wave of the Future

If you need more proof that digital is taking over, look no further than Panera Bread. According to CNBC, the franchise chain is on track to report over $1 billion in online, mobile and kiosk sales this year. Even more amazing, this only represents about a quarter of their total sales! According to company officials, Panera Bread receives over 1 million digital orders each week. That’s a lot of dough! (OK, terrible pun there, but we had to). 

That’s not the only great news the company has to offer. According to the CNBC article, “…the company stepped up its delivery efforts in April when it said it intended to hire 10,000 new employees by the end of 2017, with 75 percent of the new hires working as delivery drivers, and the remaining 25 percent working in the cafes. Panera has already rolled out delivery to 15 percent of its system, including 20 percent of its company-owned locations. By the end of 2017, it hopes to expand delivery to 35 percent to 40 percent of system-wide locations.” Now that’s a red-hot summer update!

A Summer of Healthy Eating

According to FastCasual.com, several QSR’s are upping their healthy eating game for the summer stretch. Jason’s Deli, Bruegger’s and Qdoba have all jumped on the bandwagon, opening up some new fare options for the health conscious public. While you could have a Coney Island Hot Dog with extra mustard, some of these franchise brands are advocating for new menu items such as Pacific Salmon Salad, Coconut Iced Coffee, and Fire Roasted Shrimp.

Current Top-5 Franchises

Our good friends at Enterpreneur.com keep our running list of the top-five most popular franchises. For the month of June, here is the rundown of the best brands on their Franchise 500 List:

 

  1. 7-Eleven
  2. McDonald’s
  3. Dunkin’ Donuts
  4. The UPS Store
  5. Jimmy John’s

 

That’s a wrap for June. This week, we slide right on into the Fourth of July Weekend, a time of celebration and the traditional halfway mark for the summer season. We’ll be back with an update at the end of July to catch you up on the next 30 days’ worth of news. Stay tuned!

• • • 

As a franchisor, you’ll want to know which existing and potential franchisees best fit your business concept. Proven Match is the proven solution in determining those factors. Through our proven behavioral assessment techniques, predictive analysis becomes a predictive success for your franchise concept. If you’re ready to show your leadership by getting started, give us a call and we’ll put you on the path to a more productive year in 2017.

Share this post